This week on the Podcast, I have the beautiful Velera Wilson. Velera is an author, coach, and leader that inspires and challenges women to own their greatness, get reenergized to pursue their dreams, and show up with confidence in their careers and everyday life.
With 15 years of experience generating millions in revenue for Fortune 100 & 500 brands- including AT&T, First Data, and Verifone, Velera personally knows the power of showing up with confidence.
Velera’s beginning was far from ideal. She was born to a single teen mom, experienced haunting childhood trauma, and was the first in her family to graduate college.
Today, Velera is a speaker on women’s leadership and development with a voice that “gives listeners permission to be fearless.”
Our conversation was pure fire! We covered:
- No matter where you come from you still have a choice to go after what you want
- Owning your Yes
- Asking for what you want
- Give yourself the yes and go after the opportunity
- Fearing rejection
- People are not mindreaders
- Self-promotion & ways that you hold yourself back
- Have confidence with what you have and start now
- How women aren’t conditioned to win
- How to value what you bring to the table
- Struggling with the Impostor Syndrome while writing and launching a book to the world
To find out more about Velera Wilson – https://www.velerawilson.com/
To pre-order Velera’s book “Absolutely Worth It” – https://www.velerawilson.com/absolutelyworthit