So, you’ve found yourself stuck in a rut, not taking action and you’re not happy about it! So how do you pull yourself out?
Here are my top 6 tips on how to pull yourself out of a rut and get back on track.
- First, recognize that it is not where you want to be. Sometimes, we indulge in self pity, and non-action because it’s easier than dealing with what is not working – and it feels good in the moment. To be able to create the change we want to see, we must first recogize that it is not working and it is not what we want to be doing.
- Recognize your self sabotaging behaviours. Non-action can spiral into self sabotaging behaviours like procrastination, buffering – anything to avoid feeling bad about what’s going on in our lives.
- Recognize your thoughts and what you are focusing on. Start asking better questions to change what you are focusing on and keep you focusing on what you can do to keep you moving forward.
- Revisit your goals and your why. Why is it important to you? Who do you want to be? How do you get back to the best version of yourself? Push past the pain of discomfort to get back to your passion and purpose of your why.
“People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals — that is, goals that do not inspire them” Tony Robbins
- Reignite your passion – tap into resources that will re inspire you and your mission.
- Move your body and get back to your self care. Go back and see what habits you have forgotten to do that set you up for success and move your body.
Please feel free to use this episode as a resource for pulling yourself out of rut when you find yourself in self sabotaging behaviours and stuck in non-action.