Shar Moore, the YWoman herself…an International Award Winning Mentor, Keynote Speaker, Author, Mum and Nani, a purposeful driving force, talks today all about Y Mag, why it was created and why having a powerful why helps you achieve your success.
We talk all about this and more:
- How she went from broke to BMW
- How she listened to her readers and went from digital to print (even when everyone else was telling her print was dead
- How she uses her Bigger than Fear WHY to drive her to succeed
- Why Shar started a magazine with no experience
- Why you need to put the car in drive first
- If you don’t know your WHY the what you do doesn’t matter
- Follow you why and success will come when it’s meant to
- Dealing with rejection
- Without a mentor, you’re choosing the hard path
- Trusting your intuition to create your success
- The power of checking in with your goals & intentions
- Self care just as important as setting goals
Sitting in her home office in late 2012, Shar Moore was frustrated, as she desperately craved for a Magazine that focused purely on stories of others who had walked her walk and could shine the light for her to follow. She was struggling to find the inspiration to keep going, as she had just endured her ‘Broke to BMW’ period in her Business, after being indirectly affected by the devastating Queensland Floods.
She yearned for stories of other women who had overcome adversity, found their purpose in life and found a way to turn their dreams into a reality. She knew it was possible, but needed written proof!
Yet what was to the point of overwhelm, was all the stories and features of celebrities, who lived surreal and sometimes false lives, skinny young models, wearing un-affordable fashion and secrets on the latest diet fad that was sure to make her look 21 again! At age 40 something, Shar was not impressed and certainly not drawn to parting with her cash, on something that was more than likely to going to make her feel worse, not better…
One of Shar’s favourite quotes is from Mahatma Gandhi… ‘Be the change you wish to see in the world”. And she knew she had to do something.
So in February 2013, YMag was born online, bursting with stories of everyday women and men, living their true purpose in life and well Y not, Shar was the cover girl!
To find out more you can click the below links:
To buy Y Mag online
The book Shar talks about is called From Broke to BMW
And she also mentions Asana as an organisational tool.
Hope you enjoy today’s episode!!